Too lazy to read? Jump to our booking form.Jump to Booking Form
Host a Free Event
If you’re a small, independent organization or freelancer, we’ve got your back.
We’ve been there, and we know how difficult it is to run a small, independent or nonprofit outfit. We want to help out by giving away our venue for free to people and organizations who can do something really cool with it.
Here are some ideas:
- A talk that inspires people.
- A workshop that teaches others new skills.
- A meetup that gathers interesting people.
- A small market that sells artisan goods.
If you want to host just about anything cool, positive, or interesting at Hole in the Wall, and you can bring people in, we’d love to work with you.
If you’re wondering what’s in it, it’s really just making the most of out of what we have. Being in the restaurant business, we have plenty of underutilized hours in the middle. Rather than have the space sitting around doing nothing, we thought it’d be cool to just have other people use it. While we won’t charge fees for the event, we can hope that people who attend will get something anyway.
We’re only accepting 4 free events every month so make sure to apply now.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this really free? No hidden charges?
Free means free. We’re not an airline company.
- When can I host my event?
All weekdays and weekend afternoons from 2pm to 5pm. Holidays are excluded.
- What if I want to host my event during lunch/dinner on weekends and holidays?
You’ll have to pay for it because we’re usually full around those hours.
- Is there a minimum number of people I need to invite?
Yes, you should be able to bring in at least 30 people.
- Is there a maximum number of people that I can invite?
Hole in the Wall can sit 400 people, but this largely depends on the nature of your event. Let us know what you’re thinking about and we can talk about it.
- Can I charge for my event?
If your door fee is P200/head and/or below (just to cover your costs), absolutely. If it’s more than that, then we’ll need to discuss it further and explore your eligibility for our Free Events Program.
- Will you help us market our event?
Yes, if you have a really cool idea that we want to align ourselves with. This largely depends on the nature and quality of your event.
- What kind of events are not covered in this program?
Any type of event that promotes violence, religion, politics, or any divisive issue. We also don’t support multi-level marketing programs, or any type of event that tries mainly to sell a product or service instead of adding value to people.
- Do I need to open my event to the public?
No. You could host an event just for your own guests.